- Wake Forest University's Conference Center
in Managua, dedicated February 2011
Outreach: Read more
about Wake Forest University's efforts in small business development.
Amos Health & Hope: Learn more
about the Managua-based nonprofit that aims improve the health of impoverished communities by working alongside them in health, education and development.
ABOUT NICARAGUA NEXUS
The Mission of the Nicaragua Nexus is to accomplish the Wake Forest University motto of Pro Humanitate by working with Nicaraguans to enhance their quality of life through collaborative partnerships with local and international organizations in Nicaragua, while providing transformational experiences for students and faculty across the academic units of the University.
To meet this mission, our activities are directed towards helping serve unmet needs, and assisting those institutions and organizations currently providing services within Nicaragua. These activities are in the fields of healthcare, business, science, society, law and cross-cultural exchanges. Examples include:
- Helping local institutions deliver healthcare services that are either new or expanded, and consistent with the social, ethical, spiritual, environmental and economic needs of the Nicaraguan people.
- Working within local communities to build an infrastructure to further entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial activities that are socially responsible, environmentally friendly, ethical, and profitable, such that the people and communities of Nicaragua help themselves become more economically independent. This includes developing the capability to conduct international trade to promote economic growth.
- Exploring opportunities for collaborative research with regional institutions and scholars in seeking understanding of and solutions to social, economic, environmental and healthcare challenges within Nicaragua.
- Providing training and/or assistance by Wake Forest students and faculty to professions, agencies, and economic sectors as needed and appropriate.
Working across our cultures to build partnerships characterized by growth, cooperation and mutual trust.